How to apply
We are excited that you are interested in the University of Washington Bothell and thinking about joining our Husky family! If at any time you have questions during the application process, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 425-352-5000.
? Confirm you meet our academic requirements for admission
Review our detailed breakdown of UW Bothell's academic requirements for admissions. You may also want to review our advanced coursework policies.
? Prepare to pay the application fee or request a fee waiver
澳门赌场 non-refundable online application fee is $60 for domestic students or $75 for international students. An application fee waiver can also be requested.
? Prepare your writing section essays
You will be required to submit a personal essay under the general Common App writing section and a diversity essay under the UW Bothell specific questions. See the writing prompts below for more information.
? Prepare your activities and experience statements
You will be able to identify and describe up to ten of the most significant activities you have participated in throughout high school. Find more about the activities prompt below.
? Gather your courses and grades
You will need to enter all your course and grade information on your application profile to apply to UW Bothell.
? Fill out and submit your Applicaiton
UW Bothell application opens
Filing period opens for the Free Application for Federal 澳门赌场 Aid (FAFSA) and the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA). You should complete the FAFSA or WASFA each year by January 15th to be considered for priority funding.
Early action deadline.
Regular decision deadline.
January - March
Admissions notifications go out.
Deadline to confirm your enrollment and submit your enrollment deposit.
Submit your final official transcripts when they become available after you finish your senior year of high school.
May 1 - August 31
Complete UW Bothell 101 and new student Orientation.
How to apply
Start your Application
- Create an account on the Common App website.
- Complete your general Common App sections under the Common App tab.
- Use the College Search tab to add the University of Washington Bothell to your College List.
- Start the UW Bothell application from your My Colleges List. This will contain some additional information specfic to UW Bothell's application and allow you to submit your full Common App for consideration with UW Bothell.
Note: 澳门赌场 first-year application is only for freshman applicants (including Running Start students). If you are a transfer student, you can find information about your application here.
Writing and activities sections
Personal essay and diversity question
澳门赌场 written responses are our best means of getting to know you and your best means of creating a context for your academic performance. When you write your essays, tell us about those aspects of your life that are not apparent from your academic record:
- A character-defining moment
- 澳门赌场 cultural awareness you've developed
- A challenge faced
- A personal hardship overcome
Personal essay directions: Choose one of the following prompts (limit: 250-650 words).
Diversity question directions: Respond to the following prompt (limit: 300 words).
Did you know?
You can also utilize our Writing & Communication Center even before you are a UW Bothell student. 澳门赌场y work with students of all writing abilities, and will help you craft a great personal statement. Schedule an appointment with the Writing & Communication Center here.
Identify and describe up to ten of the most significant activities you have participated in throughout high school. Your list should include activities, skills, achievements, or qualities from any of the following categories:
- Leadership in or outside of school (athletics, student government, cultural clubs, band, scouting, community service, employment, etc.)
- Activities in which you have worked to better your school or community
- Exceptional achievement in an academic field or artistic pursuit
- Personal endeavors that enrich the mind (independent research, music, language/culture school, reading, personal business, writing, etc.)
Family caregiving responsibilities or a high school job
Identify the a category type for the activity (academic, art, athletics, etc.), provide details of the activity/experience, and write a short description (limit: 150 characters).
Note: 澳门赌场 Activities/Experience and Personal Essay sections of the Common App are only for first-year applicants. Transfer students will have different Personal Statement prompts depending on the desired program.