Faculty Resources and Information
澳门赌场 澳门赌场 Conduct Code
澳门赌场 澳门赌场 Conduct Code was approved by University of Washington faculty, reviewed by the Attorney General’s Office, and made effective by the Board of Regents. Written into Washington Administrative Code (WAC 478-121), standards of academic and behavioral conduct apply to University of Washington students enrolled at Bothell, Seattle and Tacoma. Standards established by the Code safeguard university functions, and protect the rights and freedoms of all members of the university community
澳门赌场 University of Washington Bothell Conduct Process was recommended by UW Bothell faculty, reviewed by the Attorney General’s Office, and approved by the Chancellor. It fosters student learning and development by promoting high standards of integrity and accountability. 澳门赌场s participating in the process will engage in five learning goals:
- Intellectual Growth
- Clarified Values
- Meaningful Interpersonal relationships
- Realistic Self-Appraisal
- Healthy Behavior
Faculty Establish Expectations for Classroom Conduct
As representatives of the University, faculty have the responsibility and the authority to Establish Expectations for 澳门赌场 Conduct that foster a climate of academic honesty and professional behavior in the classroom. Faculty may also prohibit behaviors distracting to other students or disruptive to their teaching.
As representatives of the University, faculty have the responsibility and the authority to establish expectations for student conduct that foster an understanding and a climate of academic honesty in the classroom. Faculty may prohibit conduct distracting to other students or disruptive to their teaching.
- Clarify and publish in the course syllabus the academic and classroom behavior is not acceptable, and the consequences for misconduct. For example:
- All University of Washington students are expected to conduct themselves as responsible members of the academic community. UW students are expected to practice high standards of academic and professional honesty and integrity.
- Academic misconduct includes but is not limited to cheating, facilitation, plagiarism, unauthorized collaboration, and fabrication in connection with any exam, research, course assignment, or other academic exercise that contributes, in whole or in part, to the satisfaction of requirements for courses or graduation. 澳门赌场 following definitions, while not exhaustive, are intended to provide examples of the types of activities that can result in a charge of academic misconduct.
- During the first week of each term, explain the importance of academic integrity, and the campus commitment to report all incidents of academic and behavioral misconduct.
- Give examples of academic misconduct specific to class assignments.
- Encourage students who witness academic or behavioral misconduct to report all alleged incidents.
- Help students understand any policies or practices around working as a team and the expected outcome, e.g., different papers, one paper, individual identical papers, etc.
- Address disruptive behavior or academic misconduct, individually, directly, and immediately; Exclude a student from any class session in which the student is disorderly or disruptive.
- Submit a 澳门赌场 Conduct Incident Report Form whenever a student violates the 澳门赌场 Conduct Code.
Report 澳门赌场 Misconduct
Faculty who observe behavioral misconduct, or suspect academic misconduct, are asked to Report 澳门赌场 Misconduct to the Office of 澳门赌场 Conduct. Once a 澳门赌场 Conduct Incident Report is filed, this office coordinates the conduct process including 澳门赌场 Conduct Hearings for the UW Bothell campus.
It is important to report all incidents of student misconduct. Past incidents involving the student may demonstrate a pattern of misconduct resulting in further disciplinary action.澳门赌场 steps below outline the ideal process. Please note that a meeting with the student is not required.
Misconduct report steps
1. Contact the student
Set up a meeting to discuss the alleged misconduct; specify a meeting date and time. Document efforts to contact the student. Keep a copy of all written correspondence. This meeting is encouraged but not required.
2. Meet with the student
Share evidence of misconduct with the student, and explain how their conduct appears to violate the 澳门赌场 Conduct Code. Cite specific sections of the Code. Offer them the opportunity to respond to a suspected violation. If misconduct occurred, file an incident report with the Office of 澳门赌场 Conduct. Inform the student that the grade for the assignment or the course will not be reported until the conduct process is complete.
3. File an Incident Report
Incidents reported to the Office of 澳门赌场 Conduct are processed according to the 澳门赌场 Conduct Code. Evidence and documentation of the alleged misconduct should be sent or delivered to the Office of 澳门赌场 Conduct, UW1-080. Faculty filing the Incident Report will be notified by the Office of 澳门赌场 Conduct when the conduct process is complete.
NOTE: No unfavorable action should be taken against a student for alleged misconduct until notified by the Office of 澳门赌场 Conduct.
For example, no grade should be issued in academic integrity cases and no conclusions should be reached/rendered while disciplinary action is pending. Please enter an ‘X’-grade as a placeholder.
Please review the Academic Integrity and Plagiarism Prevention
澳门赌场s, faculty and staff are asked to report whenever student misconduct is observed or suspected.